Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, July 6, 2014

Matthew 21:12-13

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

I found some info on Wikipedia… so we’re going to play a little catch-up today…


Private Myron H. Ranney (Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 30, 1862, in Prince William County, Virginia. His citation reads:

Picked up the colors and carried them off the field after the color bearer had been shot down; was himself wounded.

First Sergeant Edward Ratcliff (Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 29, 1864, in Henrica County, Virginia. His citation reads:

Commanded and gallantly led his company after the commanding officer had been killed; was the first enlisted man to enter the enemy's works.

Assistant Surgeon Jacob F. Raub (Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on February 5, 1865, in Dinwiddie County, Virginia. His citation reads:

Discovering a flank movement by the enemy, appraised the commanding general at great peril, and though a noncombatant voluntarily participated with the troops in repelling this attack.

Corporal William H. Raymond (Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 3, 1863, at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. His citation reads:

Voluntarily and under a severe fire brought a box of ammunition to his comrades on the skirmish line.

Ordinary Seaman Charles Read (Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 6, 1865, on board the USS Magnolia. His citation reads:

As seaman on board the USS Magnolia, St. Marks, Fla., 5 and 6 March 1865.

Coxswain Charles A. Read (Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 19, 1864, on board the USS Kearsarge. His citation reads:

Served as coxswain on board the USS Kearsarge when she destroyed the Alabama off Cherbourg, France, 19 June 1864.


The I’m just sayin… Gospel Verse of the Week
Matthew 21:12-13

12 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13 “It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment