Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, August 29, 2014

Labor Day Weekend is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Marcus M. Robbins (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 23, 1875, at Sappa Creek, Kansas. His citation reads:

With 5 other men he waded in mud and water up the creek to a position directly behind an entrenched Cheyenne position, who were using natural bank pits to good advantage against the main column. This surprise attack from the enemy rear broke their resistance.

Second Lieutenant Charles D. Roberts (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 1, 1898, at El Caney, Cuba. His citation reads:

Gallantly assisted in the rescue of the wounded from in front of the lines under heavy fire of the enemy.

Machinist’s Mate First Class Charles Church Roberts (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 8, 1910, at on board the U.S.S. North Dakota. His citation reads:

Serving on board the U.S.S. North Dakota; for extraordinary heroism in the line of his profession during the fire on board that vessel, 8 September 1910.


Don’t forget to donate here to my 2014 Walk to End Alzheimer’s!!!! Remember, give early and often!!!!!

We’ve made it to my favorite weekend of the year! I’ve made it now secret that this is the greatest non-religious holiday in these United States of America. I can’t wait to see my Labor Day family later today. This is going to be a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!


As many of you know, I grew up in a good Christian Clemson home where I was taught to fear God, love Jesus, and hate UGA and USC. To this day, if someone ends a prayer with “And all God’s children said” I have to fight the urge to say “Go Tigers” (because that’s what Dad’s friend Winston would say at the end of the pre-game prayers in Death Valley… he had a deep, quite voice and I would always crack up when he’d say it). Over the years my hate of USC has faded, to be replaced by UNC and Coastal Carolina… but my hate of UGA has remained as firm as my fear of God and love of Jesus. Listen, I’ve had family and friend (as in, I think just 1 friend) go to UGA and they are good people… so I’m not trying to say that everyone who goes there is bad or that everyone who cheers for them is bad. That’s silly. I’m just saying that everyone who isn’t my friend (or family) who goes there or cheers for them is bad. Anyway, I tell you all of this to say that I find myself really liking Herschel Walker (the greatest UGA football player). It all started around the beginning of this month when the brother of a co-worker of mine had to go to the VA down here for an in-patient procedure. One night while this guy was in bed watching TV, in walks Herschel Walker to say hello and see how he was doing. It seems Herschel goes around visiting VA hospitals (maybe other hospitals, too… I’m not sure) from time to time. I would have never known if not for my co-worker’s brother being in there. There wasn’t anything in the news about it. And that is what made me stop and change my views. Now, I think that everyone who isn’t my friend (or my family… or Herschel Walker) who goes to UGA or cheers for them is bad.

I also listened to a pretty recent interview Herschel gave and it made me like him even more. I’ve got to stop listening/reading about him or he’s going to end up my favorite player (just kidding Levon).


Take a minute to listen to my favorite song during the college football season…


No comments:

Post a Comment