Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, September 18, 2014

So... about Daniel playing soccer

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Gunnery Sergeant Robert Guy Robinson (US Marine Corps) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 14, 1918, at Pittham, Belgium. His citation reads:

For extraordinary heroism as observer in the 1st Marine Aviation Force at the front in France. In company with planes from Squadron 218, Royal Air Force, conducting an air raid on 8 October 1918, G/Sgt. Robinson's plane was attacked by 9 enemy scouts. In the fight which followed, he shot down 1 of the enemy planes. In a later air raid over Pittham, Belgium, on 14 October 1918, his plane and 1 other became separated from their formation on account of motor trouble and were attacked by 12 enemy scouts. Acting with conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in the fight which ensued, G/Sgt. Robinson, after shooting down 1 of the enemy planes, was struck by a bullet which carried away most of his elbow. At the same time his gun jammed. While his pilot maneuvered for position, he cleared the jam with one hand and returned to the fight. Although his left arm was useless, he fought off the enemy scouts until he collapsed after receiving 2 more bullet wounds, one in the stomach and one in the thigh.

Private Thomas Robinson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 12, 1864, at Spotsylvania, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag in a hand-to-hand conflict.

Captain of the Afterguard Thomas Robinson (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 15, 1866, off New Orleans. His citation reads:

For heroic efforts to save from drowning Wellington Brocar, landsman, of the Tallapoosa, off New Orleans, 15 July 1866.


Daniel is on a soccer team. So far, they have had 1 game… and he has not played. The pictures below will show you why. My guess (hope?) is that things can only go up from here…

Big thanks to my buddy Danny (yes, that Danny) for his donation to my Walk to End Alzheimer's.  There's still time for you to give, too!  Just go here.


Picture Thursday


Playing during a trip to McDonald's


And then we went to the park to wait for MR to be done with Girl Scouts

The Twins on a slide


Daniel decided he didn't want to play... all he wanted was his mommy

The Wife making him sit on the bench

The Wife explaining to him this wasn't good

The Wife telling him she wasn't happy

Me saving Daniel's life... Why?  Read below

While Daniel was pitching a fit at the soccer field, he accidentally stepped on The Wife's toe.  So only one game into the season, we already have an injury. 

The girls wanted to play dress up... I'm not sure Daniel understands how to play...

No comments:

Post a Comment