Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, January 15, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Uncle George!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

First Lieutenant Theodore Schwan (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 1, 1864, at Peebles Farm, Virginia. His citation reads:

At the imminent risk of his own life, while his regiment was falling back before a superior force of the enemy, he dragged a wounded and helpless officer to the rear, thus saving him from death or capture.

Sergeant Martin Schwenk (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions during July 1863, at Millerstown, Pennsylvania. His citation reads:

Bravery in an attempt to carry a communication through the enemy's lines; also rescued an officer from the hands of the enemy.

Quartermaster Sergeant David H. Scofield (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 19, 1864, at Cedar Creek, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag of 13th Virginia Infantry (C.S.A.).


Today we’d like to wish my Uncle George a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! We hope he has a GREAT day!

This is always a kind of bitter sweet day… because not only is it Uncle George’s birthday but it’s also the day Da (1995) and Lucy (2011) died. But Uncle George’s birthday makes it more sweet than bitter. If, for some reason, taking us (me, The Wife and The Kids) out to eat would make this a great birthday for him then we are willing and able.

Mary Ruth is selling Girl Scout Cookies. Orders and money are due by next Thursday. If you would like to order cookies (and you know you would), just text or email me. If you don’t have my email address or phone number, then you might need to find someone else to buy from.


I’m just sayin… Pictures

Daniel and Lucas at the park



Lucas, Mary Ruth, Daniel and Susie


No comments:

Post a Comment