Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, February 5, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT YVONNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

First Lieutenant William R. Shafter (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 31, 1862, at Fair Oaks, Virginia. His citation reads:

Lt. Shafter was engaged in bridge construction and not being needed there returned with his men to engage the enemy participating in a charge across an open field that resulted in casualties to 18 of the 22 men. At the close of the battle his horse was shot from under him and he was severely flesh wounded. He remained on the field that day and stayed to fight the next day only by concealing his wounds. In order not to be sent home with the wounded he kept his wounds concealed for another 3 days until other wounded had left the area.

Corporal Emisire Shahan (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 6, 1865, at Sailors Creek, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag of 76th Georgia Infantry (C.S.A.).

Colonel Alexander Shaler (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 3, 1863, at Marye's Heights, Virginia. His citation reads:

At a most critical moment, the head of the charging column being about to be crushed by the severe fire of the enemy's artillery and infantry, he pushed forward with a supporting column, pierced the enemy's works, and turned their flank.


I just wanted to take a minute today to wish my wonderful Aunt Yvonne (The Kids Great-Aunt Yvonne) a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We hope she has a GREAT day! Maybe Uncle George and my cousin Alan will do something sweet for her (like let her watch the WWE Network all day)!


I’m just sayin… Pictures

Scobby with his Mommy

We were going to the park... Scooby called Shotgun

We had to stop on the way, this is what I saw when I got back to the van

"Get in the back, Daddy... I'm going to drive!"

At the dog park... He kind of looks like a super-hero dog here (but he's not one)

No comments:

Post a Comment