Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, February 15, 2015

He Lives

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Blacksmith John Sheerin (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 8-11, 1873, near Fort Selden, New Mexico. His citation reads:

Services against hostile Indians.

Corporal John S. Shellenberger (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 16, 1864, at Deep Run, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag.

Private George M. Shelton (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 26, 1900, at La Paz, Leyte, Philippine Islands. His citation reads:

Advanced alone under heavy fire of the enemy and rescued a wounded comrade.


The I’m just sayin… Hymn of the Week

He Lives

This song, also known in some hymnals as I Serve a Risen Savior, was composed in 1933 by Alfred Henry Ackley. It might not be as well known as the other songs I’ve posted about so far, but I think it’s a great one. For my money, Alan Jackson sings a pretty good version of this song. I would send you to Wikipedia, but they don’t really have much for this one…


I serve a risen Savior
He’s in the world today.
I know that He is living,
Whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy;
I hear His voice of cheer;
And just the time I need Him
He’s always near.

Refrain
He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart.

In all the world around me
I see His loving care,
And though my heart grows weary,
I never will despair;
I know that He is leading,
Through all the stormy blast;
The day of His appearing
Will come at last.

Refrain

Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian,
Lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs
To Jesus Christ the King!
The Hope of all who seek Him,
The Help of all who find,
None other is so loving,
So good and kind.

Refrain

No comments:

Post a Comment