Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pick’em Update

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Major William Edgar Simonds (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 14, 1863, at Irish Bend, Louisiana. His citation reads:

Displayed great gallantry, under a heavy fire from the enemy, in calling in the skirmishers and assisting in forming the line of battle.

Sergeant Charles J. Simons (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 30, 1864, at Petersburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

Was one of the first in the exploded mine, captured a number of prisoners. and was himself captured, but escaped.

First Class Fireman Henry Simpson (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 31, 1877, on board the U.S.S. Essex. His citation reads:

For rescuing from drowning John W. Powers, ordinary seaman on board the U.S.S. Essex, at Monrovia, Liberia, 31 October 1877.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.

To join team I’m just sayin…: Click Here.


Here is an update of the I’m just sayin… NCAA Tournament Pick’em and I’m just sayin… NIT Pick’em. Note that we had a simple scoring system of 1 point for each correct pick in each round.

For the NCAA Tournament, the standings are (as of yesterday afternoon):

1. The Wife (31 points, with a chance for 11 more points)

2. Me (29 points, with a chance for 13 more points)

3. Mary Ruth (25 points, with a chance for 2 more points)

4. Daniel (18 points, with a chance for 5 more points)

5. Susie (16 points… no more points for Susie)…


For the NIT, the standings are (as of yesterday afternoon):

1. Me (15 points, with a chance for 4 more points)

2. The Wife (10 points, no more points for The Wife)

3. Susie (9 points… no more points for Susie)…

4 (tie). Mary Ruth (7 points, no more points for Mary Ruth)

4 (tie). Daniel (7 points, no more points for Daniel)

No comments:

Post a Comment