Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, May 14, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Richard Keith Sorenson (US Marine Corps) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on February 1-2, 1944, on Namur Island, Kwajalein Atoll Marshall Islands. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving with an assault battalion attached to the 4th Marine Division during the battle of Namur Island, Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands, on 1-2 February 1944. Putting up a brave defense against a particularly violent counterattack by the enemy during invasion operations, Pvt. Sorenson and 5 other marines occupying a shellhole were endangered by a Japanese grenade thrown into their midst. Unhesitatingly, and with complete disregard for his own safety, Pvt. Sorenson hurled himself upon the deadly weapon, heroically taking the full impact of the explosion. As a result of his gallant action, he was severely wounded, but the lives of his comrades were saved. His great personal valor and exceptional spirit of self-sacrifice in the face of almost certain death were in keeping with the highest traditions of the U.S. Naval Service.

Sergeant David Southard (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 6, 1865, at Sailors Creek, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag; and was the first man over the works in the charge.

Saddler Joseph E. Sova (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions from March 29 - April 9, 1865, at Appomattox Campaign, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.

To join team I’m just sayin…: Click Here.


I’d like to take a minute today to wish my good friend and Labor Day Uncle DG a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We hope he has a great day!!!!!!!!


The I'm just sayin… Countdown May List of the Day


Top 14 Disney Characters of All-Time

14   Pluto

13   Ferb

12   Olaf

11   Lightning McQueen

10   Phineas

9   Mater

8   Anna

7   Daisy Duck

6   Perry the Platypus

5   Minnie Mouse

4   Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

3   Mickey Mouse

2   Cinderella

1   Donald Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment