Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Saturday, May 23, 2015

Tag Teams

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Shell Man William A. Stanley (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 5, 1864, on board the U.S.S. Hartford. His citation reads:

Shell man on No. 8 on board the U.S.S. Hartford during successful actions against Fort Morgan, rebel gunboats and the ram Tennessee in Mobile Bay, on 5 August 1864. Although severely wounded when his ship sustained numerous hits under the enemy's terrific shellfire, Stanley continued to pass shell until forced by the loss of blood to go below.

Chief Machinist’s Mate Thomas Stanton (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 8, 1910, on board the U.S.S. North Dakota. His citation reads:

For extraordinary heroism in the line of his profession during the fire on board the U.S.S. North Dakota, 8 September 1910.

Sergeant John H. Starkins (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 16, 1863, at Campbell Station, Tennessee. His citation reads:

Brought off his piece without losing a man.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.

To join team I’m just sayin…: Click Here.


The I'm just sayin… Countdown May List of the Day


Top 23 Tag Teams of All-Time

The best era's of tag team wrestling was probably the 1980s and mid to late 1990s. These teams listed are the best.

23   The Fantastics (Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers)   Years Active (Promotions): 1984-2007 (Mid-South Wrestling, UWF, NWA, WCCW, SMW, WWC, AJPW, WCW  

22   The Enforcers (Arn Anderson and Larry Zbyszko)   Years Active (Promotions): 1991-1992 (WCW)  

21   Owen Hart/Yokozuna   Years Active (Promotions): 1995 (WWF)  

20   Dangerous Alliance (Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton)   Years Active (Promotions): 1991-1992 (WCW)  

19   Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray)   Years Active (Promotions): 1989-2000 (GWF, NJPW, WCW and ROW)   Real life brothers

18   Edge and Christian   Years Active (Promotions): 1998-2001, 2009-2011 (ICW, SSW, WWF/E, UPW)  

17   Hardy Boyz   Years Active (Promotions): 1993-2003, 2006-2007, 2010, 2011, 2014-Present (WWF/E, TNA, OMEGA, NDW, NWA 2000, BTW, HOH)   Real life brothers

16   The Dudley Boyz   Years Active (Promotions): 1997-2010, 2013, 2014 (ECW, WWF/E, TNA, AJPW, HUSTLE, NJPW)  

15   Doom   Years Active (Promotions): 1989-1991 (NWA, WCW)  

14   Varsity Club (Mike Rotunda and Rick Steiner, Dr. Death Steve Williams)   Years Active (Promotions): 1987-1989 (NWA, WCW, AJPW)   The first team was Rotunda/Steiner and then Rotunda/Williams.

13   The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott)   Years Active (Promotions): 1988-1998, 2006-2008, 2013 (ECW, NWA, NJPW, TNA, WCW, WWF, HOH)   Real life brothers

12   Sting/Lex Luger   Years Active (Promotions): 1988-2002 off and on (NWA, WCW, WWA)  

11   The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes, Buddy Roberts, Terry Gordy, Jimmy Garvin)   Years Active (Promotions): 1979-1994 (AWA, NWA, WCW, UWF, WWF, WCCW)   The four guys listed teamed up in various combinations. My favorites were Hayes/Gordy and Hayes/Garvin.

10   The Outsiders   Years Active (Promotions): 1996-1999, 2002, 2004-2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014 (WCW, WWF, TNA, ZERO1)  

9   Minnesota Wrecking Crew   Years Active (Promotions): 1985-1987 (NWA, WCW)   There were older versions of this tag-team, but the one to make the list is Ole and Arn Anderson.

8   The Mega Powers   Years Active (Promotions): 1987-1989 (WWF)  

7   The Rockers   Years Active (Promotions): 1985-1992 (AWA, NWA CSW, CWA, CCW, WWF)   Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty.

6   The Hollywood Blonds   Years Active (Promotions): 1992-1993 (WCW)   "Stunning" Steve Austin and "Flyin" Brian Pillman… While Austin would go on to have much better success solo, this team could have been ranked even higher if WCW had kept them together.

5   The New Age Outlaws   Years Active (Promotions): 1997-2000, 2002-2008, 2012-present (JAPW, MCW, TNA, WWF/E)  

4   The Four Horsemen/Brain Busters (Arn Anderson/Tully Blanchard)   Years Active (Promotions): 1986-1989 (NWA, WWF)  

3   The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom   Years Active (Promotions): 1983-2005 off and on (AWA, NWA, WCW, WWF/E, AJPW, NJPW, TNA, SWS, ZERO1, WORLD JAPAN)   1983-1997 were probably the best years for this group. They had some other people come and go, but the real members were Road Warrior Hawk and Road Warrior Animal with Paul Ellering as the manager.

2   The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton and Dennis Condrey, Stan Lane)   Years Active (Promotions): 1983-1990 (NWA, WCW)   The first version of Eaton/Condrey was very good… the second version of Eaton/Lane was GREAT.

1   The Rock & Roll Express   Years Active (Promotions): 1983-Present off and on (ECW, WCW, NWA, WWC, SMW, WWF, USWA, CWA, AWA, FMW)   Ricky (Morton) and Robert (Gibson)… the ROCK N ROLL EXPRESS!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment