Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, May 31, 2015

The last list of May…

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Julius H. Stickoffer (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 11, 1868, at Cienaga Springs, Utah. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.

Private Thomas W. Stivers (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 25-26, 1876, at Little Big Horn, Montana. His citation reads:

Voluntarily brought water to the wounded under fire.

Rear Admiral James B. Stockdale (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 4, 1969, at Hoa Lo prison, Hanoi, North Vietnam. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while senior naval officer in the Prisoner of War camps of North Vietnam. Recognized by his captors as the leader in the Prisoners' of War resistance to interrogation and in their refusal to participate in propaganda exploitation, Rear Adm. Stockdale was singled out for interrogation and attendant torture after he was detected in a covert communications attempt. Sensing the start of another purge, and aware that his earlier efforts at self-disfiguration to dissuade his captors from exploiting him for propaganda purposes had resulted in cruel and agonizing punishment, Rear Adm. Stockdale resolved to make himself a symbol of resistance regardless of personal sacrifice. He deliberately inflicted a near-mortal wound to his person in order to convince his captors of his willingness to give up his life rather than capitulate. He was subsequently discovered and revived by the North Vietnamese who, convinced of his indomitable spirit, abated in their employment of excessive harassment and torture toward all of the Prisoners of War. By his heroic action, at great peril to himself, he earned the everlasting gratitude of his fellow prisoners and of his country. Rear Adm. Stockdale's valiant leadership and extraordinary courage in a hostile environment sustain and enhance the finest traditions of the U.S. Naval Service.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.

To join team I’m just sayin…: Click Here.


The I’m just sayin… Hymn of the Week

The Old Rugged Cross


This hymn was written in 1912 by George Bennard as a response to ridicule he’d received at a revival meeting. Goaspel-song composer helped Bennard with the harmonies and the completed version of the song was first performed on June 7, 1913. Read more about it here.


On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suff’ring and shame;
And I love that old cross where the Dearest and Best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.

Refrain: So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it someday for a crown.

Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.

Refrain
In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.

Refrain
To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.



The I'm just sayin… Countdown May List of the Day


Top 31 Hymns of All-Time

31   Precious Lord, Take My Hand

30   Oh How I Love Jesus

29   Leaning on the Everlasting Arms

28   Onward, Christian Soldiers

27   Jesus Loves the Little Children

26   What a Friend We Have in Jesus

25   I'll Fly Away

24   Go Tell It On The Mountain

23   Silent Night, Holy Night

22   Just as I Am

21   Sweet By and By

20   When We All Get to Heaven

19   Stand by Me

18   Standing on the Promises

17   At The Cross

16   It is Well With My Soul

15   Shall We Gather at the River

14   How Great Thou Art

13   In the Garden

12   Great is Thy Faithfulness

11   I Love to Tell The Story

10   He Lives

9   To God be the Glory

8   Just a Closer Walk With Thee

7   Jesus Loves Me

6   Love Lifted Me

5   Softly and Tenderly

4   Joy to the World

3   Amazing Grace

2   Old Rugged Cross

1   Because He Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment