Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, May 28, 2015

Top 28 Movie Characters

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Benjamin F. Stewart (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 9, 1876, at Big Horn River, Montana. His citation reads:

Carried dispatches to Gen. Crook at imminent risk of his life.

First Sergeant George W. Stewart (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 5, 1865, at Paines Crossroads, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag.

Second Lieutenant George E. Stewart (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 26, 1899, at Passi, Island of Panay, Philippine Islands. His citation reads:

While crossing a river in face of the enemy, this officer plunged in and at the imminent risk of his own life saved from drowning an enlisted man of his regiment.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.

To join team I’m just sayin…: Click Here.


The I'm just sayin… Countdown May List of the Day


Top 28 Movie Characters of All-Time

28   Carter   played by Chris Tucker   (1st) Movie: Rush Hour

27   Brody   played by Roy Scheider   (1st) Movie: JAWS

26   Sheriff Buford T. Justice   played by Jackie Gleason   (1st) Movie: Smokey and The Bandit

25   Dr. Peter Venkman   played by Bill Murray   (1st) Movie: Ghostbusters

24   Mr. Kesuke Miyagi   played by Pat Morita   (1st) Movie: The Karate Kid

23   Marty McFly   played by Michael J. Fox   (1st) Movie: Back to the Future

22   The Terminator   played by Arnold Schwarzenegger   (1st) Movie: The Terminator

21   Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr.   played by Harrison Ford   (1st) Movie: Raiders of the Lost Ark

20   Jules Winnfield   played by Samuel L. Jackson   (1st) Movie: Pulp Fiction

19   Adrian Cronauer   played by Robin Williams   (1st) Movie: Good Morning, Vietnam

18   Katharine Richelieu   played by Shirley MacLaine   (1st) Movie: Rumor Has It…

17   Axel Foley   played by Eddie Murphy   (1st) Movie: Beverly Hills Cop

16   Dalton   played by Road House   (1st) Movie: Road House

15   Maria von Trapp   played by Julie Andrews   (1st) Movie: The Sound of Music

14   Forrest Gump   played by Tom Hanks   (1st) Movie: Forrest Gump

13   Carl Spackler   played by Bill Murray   (1st) Movie: Caddyshack

12   Clark Griswold   played by Chevy Chase   (1st) Movie: Vacation

11   James Bond   played by Sean Connery   (1st) Movie: Dr. No

10   Glenn Holland   played by Richard Dreyfuss   (1st) Movie: Mr. Holland's Opus

9   George Bailey   played by James Stewart   (1st) Movie: It's a Wonderful Life

8   Ouiser Boudreaux   played by Shirley MacLaine   (1st) Movie: Steel Magnolias

7   Rick Blaine   played by Humphrey Bogart   (1st) Movie: Casablanca

6   Lt. Pete Mitchell (Maverick)   played by Tom Cruise   (1st) Movie: Top Gun

5   Han Solo   played by Harrison Ford   (1st) Movie: Star Wars

4   John McClane   played by Bruce Willis   (1st) Movie: Die Hard

3   Michael Corleone   played by Al Pacino   (1st) Movie: The Godfather  

2   Sgt. Maj. Basil Plumley   played by Sam Elliott   (1st) Movie: We Were Soliders Once…   -   I tried to keep this list as just fictional characters (which is why Lou Gehrig isn't on this list)… but this guy. Wow. I read the book long before I saw the movie and, in my opinion, Sam Elliott nailed this role. He played it exactly how I pictured it when I was reading the book.

1   Rocky Balboa   played by Sylvester Stallone   (1st) Movie: Rocky   -   You can make a case for a lot of these characters being #1 on this list. Let me tell you why Rocky is #1. Rocky is the only fictional character (that I know of) to be inducted into a real hall of fame. Yep, Rocky Balboa is in the Boxing Hall of Fame. THAT'S the sign of a great movie character.

No comments:

Post a Comment