Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, May 29, 2015

Top 29 Wrestlers… Or people Jeremy hates

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Corporal James A. Stewart (US Marine Corps) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on February 1, 1872, on board the U.S.S. Plymouth. His citation reads:

Serving on board the U.S.S. Plymouth, Stewart jumped overboard in the harbor of Villefranche, France, 1 February 1872 and saved Midshipman Osterhaus from drowning.

Staff Sergeant Jimmy G. Stewart (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 18, 1966, in the Republic of Vietnam. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. Early in the morning a reinforced North Vietnamese company attacked Company B, which was manning a defensive perimeter in Vietnam. The surprise onslaught wounded 5 members of a 6-man squad caught in the direct path of the enemy's thrust. S/Sgt. Stewart became a lone defender of vital terrain--virtually 1 man against a hostile platoon. Refusing to take advantage of a lull in the firing which would have permitted him to withdraw, S/Sgt. Stewart elected to hold his ground to protect his fallen comrades and prevent an enemy penetration of the company perimeter. As the full force of the platoon-sized man attack struck his lone position, he fought like a man possessed; emptying magazine after magazine at the determined, on-charging enemy. The enemy drove almost to his position and hurled grenades, but S/Sgt. Stewart decimated them by retrieving and throwing the grenades back. Exhausting his ammunition, he crawled under intense fire to his wounded team members and collected ammunition that they were unable to use. Far past the normal point of exhaustion, he held his position for 4 harrowing hours and through 3 assaults, annihilating the enemy as they approached and before they could get a foothold. As a result of his defense, the company position held until the arrival of a reinforcing platoon which counterattacked the enemy, now occupying foxholes to the left of S/Sgt. Stewart's position. After the counterattack, his body was found in a shallow enemy hole where he had advanced in order to add his fire to that of the counterattacking platoon. Eight enemy dead were found around his immediate position, with evidence that 15 others had been dragged away. The wounded whom he gave his life to protect, were recovered and evacuated. S/Sgt. Stewart's indomitable courage, in the face of overwhelming odds, stands as a tribute to himself and an inspiration to all men of his unit. His actions were in the highest traditions of the U.S. Army and the Armed Forces of his country.

Private Joseph Stewart (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 1, 1865, at Five Forks, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.

To join team I’m just sayin…: Click Here.


There have been a few deaths recently some that I’m sure you are not aware of because I’ve been slack in posting them. The first is real recent… former Clemson basketball coach Bill Foster died a couple of days ago of Parkinson’s disease. I might be mistaken, but I believe he took the Tigers to the Elite Eight (you don’t see that every day… or ever again).

This next death actually happened a few weeks ago… The great Ben E. King died. If you don’t know who I’m talking about, then you are missing out. Go listen to Stand by Me and you’ll hear what great music is all about. As if singing one great song wasn’t enough, he had others (some with the Drifters, including Save the Last Dance for Me, There Goes My Baby and This Magic Moment). Men like this are the reason I slap stupid kids who try to say Justin Bieber is a great musician…

The last one I need to tell you about is B.B. King. One of the greatest of all time… he was able to make the guitar do things other people could only dream of. Guys like this don’t just grow on trees…


The I'm just sayin… Countdown May List of the Day


Top 29 Wrestlers of All-Time

29   The Genius   -   I know it was a gimmick, but this guy really is smart. I listened to an interview he gave a few months ago and he still remembers all of the poems he used in wrestling promos. He might be one of the most underrated wrestlers.

28   Dustin Rhodes   -   I care for the early years of his Goldust gimmick, but his work under his "real" name was outstanding.

27   "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase    

26   Tully Blanchard   -   He could have been a lot higher on this list if he could have stayed away from drugs. A failed drug test kept him from going back to WCW to reform the Four Horsemen. He was in an I Quit match with the next guy on the list which is still considered one of the greatest matches of all time.

25   Magnum T. A.   -   A car crash ended a very promising career.

24   Kerry Von Erich   -   A great wrestler who, like too many on this list, died way too young.

23   Scott Hall    

22   Mick Foley   -   He wrestled under many names… and was great under them all.

21   Terry Funk    

20   Brian Pillman   -   One of the best Light Heavyweight/Cruiserweight wrestlers ever.

19   Lex Lugar    

18   Barry Windham    

17   Andre The Giant   -   Not bad for a guy out of France…

16   Ron Simmons    

15   John Cena   -   He's been carrying the business for a long time now…

14   Triple H    

13   Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat    

12   Chris Benoit   -   The way his life ended takes something away from his wrestling ranking (right or wrong).

11   The Undertaker   -   One of the most respected men in the business.

10   Hulk Hogan   -   I know it's my list… but I feel like he's overrated at #10. His wrestling was crap and his work on the mic wasn't the greatest either… but, for whatever reason, he's the most well known wrestler ever. At least he was until the Rock came along.

9   Junkyard Dog    

8   The Rock   -   Because of his movie work, The Rock is probably the most well known wrestler of all time. His mic work is some of the best ever.

7   "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes   -   He had one of the best minds in the business.

6   Macho Man Randy Savage   -   One of the most intense wrestlers of all time. His match with Ricky Steamboat in Wrestlemainia III might be the greatest match ever.

5   Stone Cold Steve Austin   -   I thought he was great in WCW… then he went to WWF and took things to a whole new level.

4   Shawn Michaels   -   Many call Shawn the greatest ever. I don't, but many do.

3   Arn Anderson   -   One of the most underrated wrestlers of all time (except by me). He could work in the ring and he was GREAT on the mic. Double A could do it all.

2   Sting   -   Probably doesn't get the credit he deserves because he only just now has started working with the WWE.

1   Ric Flair   -   I would pay money to watch Ric Flair wrestle a mop. That's how great he was. He was a great talker and great in the ring. I don't care what Jeremy says.

No comments:

Post a Comment