Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, July 10, 2015

RIP Mr. Mayor

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private James Sumner (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 20, 1869, at Chiricahua Mountains, Arizona. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.

Chief Carpenter’s Mate Axel Sundquist (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions from July 26-27, 1898, on board the U.S.S. Marblehead. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Marblehead at the approaches to Caimanera, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, 26 and 27 July 1898. Displaying heroism, Sundquist took part in the perilous work of sweeping for and disabling 27 contact mines during this period.

Ordinary Seaman Gustav A. Sundquist (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 11, 1898, on board the U.S.S. Nashville. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Nashville during the operation of cutting the cable leading from Cienfuegos, Cuba, 11 May 1898. Facing the heavy fire of the enemy, Sundquist displayed extraordinary bravery and coolness throughout this action.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.

To join team I’m just sayin…: Click Here.


He hasn’t been the mayor of Summerville since 2011, but I think most people around town still consider him the mayor. Mr. Berlin G. Myers died on Wednesday at the age of 98. He was the mayor of Summerville for 39 years (and could have been mayor for over 40 years if he had wanted). I was reading the paper yesterday to see what they had to say about the death of Berlin G. Myers (not sure what the “G” stood for, but I’d like to think it’s “Gangsta”… or “Greg”… but mainly “Gangsta”) and saw this…

“He was among the Allied troops who hit the beach during D-Day”.

My first thought was… “Hitting the beach” now sure means something different from what it did then. My second thought was… How in the world could he stand being mayor for so long after going through something like that? What I mean is this; How could he sit in meetings and listen to someone complain about something without going off on them… “Are you kidding me? Are YOU kidding me?! You’re complaining about this?! I’m sorry for (insert whatever stupid “problem” people usually have), but the boat I was on dropped me off 500 feet from the beach in freezing water… WHILE THE GERMANS WERE SHOOTING AT ME! So until you have a problem that even comes close to that, I kindly ask that you sit down and shut up”. I’m pretty sure that’s how I would have acted.


RIP Mr. Mayor… you will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment