Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, August 3, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEENY!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Captain of the Forecastle William Talbott (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on January 10-11, 1863, on board the U.S.S. Louisville. His citation reads:

Served as captain of the forecastle on board the U.S.S. Louisville at the capture of the Arkansas post, 10 and 11 January 1863. Carrying out his duties as captain of a 9_inch gun, Talbott was conspicuous for ability and bravery throughout this engagement with the enemy.

Quarter Gunner James Tallentine (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 31, 1864, on board the U.S.S. Tacony. His citation reads:

Served as quarter gunner on board the U.S.S. Tacony during the taking of Plymouth, N.C., 31 October 1864. Carrying out his duties faithfully during the capture of Plymouth, Tallentine distinguished himself by a display of coolness when he participated in landing and spiking a 9_inch gun while under devastating fire from enemy musketry. Tallentine later gave his life while courageously engaged in storming Fort Fisher, 15 January 1865.

Sergeant Edward R. Talley (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 7, 1918, near Ponchaux, France. His citation reads:

Undeterred by seeing several comrades killed in attempting to put a hostile machinegun nest out of action, Sgt. Talley attacked the position single-handed. Armed only with a rifle, he rushed the nest in the face of intense enemy fire, killed or wounded at least 6 of the crew, and silenced the gun. When the enemy attempted to bring forward another gun and ammunition he drove them back by effective fire from his rifle.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.

To join team I’m just sayin…: Click Here.


I just wanted to take a minute today to wish my cousin Deeny a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! We hope she has a GREAT day!


Now, let’s take a look at some pics…

These are some pictures of Susie's first time getting supplies for big-girl school...



No comments:

Post a Comment