Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Wednesday, September 23, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORY!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant John Thompson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 20, 1869, at Chiricahua Mountains, Arizona. His citation reads:

Bravery in action with Indians.

Major Joseph H. Thompson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 1, 1918, near Apremont, France. His citation reads:

Counterattacked by 2 regiments of the enemy, Maj. Thompson encouraged his battalion in the front line of constantly braving the hazardous fire of machineguns and artillery. His courage was mainly responsible for the heavy repulse of the enemy. Later in the action, when the advance of his assaulting companies was held up by fire from a hostile machinegun nest and all but 1 of the 6 assaulting tanks were disabled, Maj. Thompson, with great gallantry and coolness, rushed forward on foot 3 separate times in advance of the assaulting line, under heavy machinegun and antitank-gun fire, and led the 1 remaining tank to within a few yards of the enemy machinegun nest, which succeeded in reducing it, thereby making it possible for the infantry to advance.

Sergeant Max Thompson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 18, 1944, near Haaren, Germany. His citation reads:

On 18 October 1944, Company K, 18th Infantry, occupying a position on a hill near Haaren, Germany, was attacked by an enemy infantry battalion supported by tanks. The assault was preceded by an artillery concentration, lasting an hour, which inflicted heavy casualties on the company. While engaged in moving wounded men to cover, Sgt. Thompson observed that the enemy had overrun the positions of the 3d Platoon. He immediately attempted to stem the enemy's advance single-handedly. He manned an abandoned machinegun and fired on the enemy until a direct hit from a hostile tank destroyed the gun. Shaken and dazed, Sgt. Thompson picked up an automatic rifle and although alone against the enemy force which was pouring into the gap in our lines, he ??fired burst after burst, halting the leading elements of the attack and dispersing those following. Throwing aside his automatic rifle, which had jammed, he took up a rocket gun, fired on a light tank, setting it on fire. By evening the enemy had been driven from the greater part of the captured position but still held 3 pillboxes. Sgt. Thompson's squad was assigned the task of dislodging the enemy from these emplacements. Darkness having fallen and finding that fire of his squad was ineffective from a distance, Sgt. Thompson crawled forward alone to within 20 yards of 1 of the pillboxes and fired grenades into it. The Germans holding the emplacement concentrated their fire upon him. Though wounded, he held his position fearlessly, continued his grenade fire, and finally forced the enemy to abandon the blockhouse. Sgt. Thompson's courageous leadership inspired his men and materially contributed to the clearing of the enemy from his last remaining hold on this important hill position.


You can STILL help I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate: Click Here.


I’d like to wish my good friend Cory a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We hope he has a GREAT day! Maybe multi-I’m just sayin… Fan of the Year award winner Ashley will sing to him in a public place tonight. Cory loves stuff like that.


Big THANKS to my cousin Susan for joining team I’m just sayin… and walking with me, The Wife and The Kids in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s. She was also able to raise money for the cause (though Aunt Yvonne donated to me… not her. Just sayin…). Here are some pictures from this past Saturday. Oh… I know I still owe you a story about Ethan’s birth. Maybe I’ll have time to get to that later this week. I also have some pics (not of the birth, but from that weekend).

Team I'm just sayin...

Me and Susan... To prove to Aunt Yvonne that her favorite and her daughter can get along.

Three of my little walkers


It was too big of an area to really get a good picture of just how big the crowd was.  There were a LOT of people there.




Daniel made it a little over halfway

A view from the start/finish line

Daniel had to catch a ride with Susan, because...

Susie needed a ride

Susan had to leave after the walk, so the rest of us went to get some ice cream

Happy Daniel with his mommy

The look on his face after I walked up, saw that he spilled ice cream on his lap, and quoted a line from Smokey and the Bandit (if you don't know it, watch the movie and see if you can figure it out)

No comments:

Post a Comment