Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, October 18, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Musician Calvin Pearl Titus (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 14, 1900, at Peking, China. His citation reads:

Gallant and daring conduct in the presence of his colonel and other officers and enlisted men of his regiment; was first to scale the wall of the city.

Sergeant Charles Titus (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 6, 1865, at Sailors Creek, Virginia. His citation reads:

Was among the first to check the enemy's countercharge.

Sergeant James W. Toban (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on February 11, 1865, at Aiken, South Carolina. His citation reads:

Voluntarily and at great personal risk returned, in the face of the advance of the enemy, and rescued from impending death or capture, Maj. William C. Stevens, 9th Michigan Cavalry, who had been thrown from his horse.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.



I’d like to wish my sweet little Susie a VERY HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Wife says there’s a lot of evil in her, but she also says she acts just like me… so I think we can all see what that’s all about. Anyway, I trust she will have a great day today.

Look who got her ears pierced


The I’m just sayin… Hymn of the Week

What a Friend We Have in Jesus


This hymn was as a poem by Joseph M. Scriven in 1855. It was originally published anonymously… Scriven didn’t receive full credit for it until the 1880’s. Charles Crozat Converse (Charlie CC, Chuckie 2Cs or C3PO to his friends) composed the tune to the hymn in 1868. There are a number of different versions of this hymn… you can read more about it here.

What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged—
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
Take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy-laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge—
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.

Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised
Thou wilt all our burdens bear;
May we ever, Lord, be bringing
All to Thee in earnest prayer.
Soon in glory bright, unclouded,
There will be no need for prayer—
Rapture, praise, and endless worship
Will be our sweet portion there.

No comments:

Post a Comment