Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, November 29, 2015

Away in a Manger

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Chief Boatswain's Mate Jeremiah Troy (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 21, 1882, on board from the U.S. Training Ship New Hampshire. His citation reads:

For jumping overboard from the U.S. Training Ship New Hampshire, at Newport, R.I., 21 April 1882, and rescuing from drowning Francis T. Price, third class boy.

Ordinary Seaman William Troy (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 11, 1871, on board the U.S.S. Colorado. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Colorado during the capture of the Korean forts, 11 June 1871. Fighting at the side of Lt. McKee, by whom he was especially commended, Troy was badly wounded by the enemy.

Private Edwin M. Truell (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 21, 1864, near Atlanta, Georgia. His citation reads:

Although severely wounded in a charge, he remained with the regiment until again severely wounded, losing his leg.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.


The I’m just sayin… Hymn of the Week

Away in a Manger


This Christmas carol was first published in the late nineteenth century… You can read more about it here.


Away in a manger,
No crib for His bed
The little Lord Jesus
Laid down His sweet head

The stars in the bright sky
Looked down where He lay
The little Lord Jesus
Asleep on the hay

The cattle are lowing
The poor Baby wakes
But little Lord Jesus
No crying He makes

I love Thee, Lord Jesus
Look down from the sky
And stay by my side,
'Til morning is nigh.

Be near me, Lord Jesus,
I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever
And love me I pray

Bless all the dear children
In Thy tender care
And take us to heaven
To live with Thee there

No comments:

Post a Comment