Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Saturday, November 21, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

First Sergeant Jacob Trautman (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 29, 1890, at Wounded Knee Creek, South Dakota. His citation reads:

Killed a hostile Indian at close quarters, and, although entitled to retirement from service, remained to the close of the campaign.

Corporal Andrew Traynor (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 16, 1864, at Mason's Hill, Virginia. His citation reads:

Having been surprised and captured by a detachment of guerrillas, this soldier, with other prisoners, seized the arms of the guard over them, killed 2 of the guerrillas, and enabled all the prisoners to escape.

Captain Jack L. Treadwell (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 18, 1945, near Nieder-Wurzbach, Germany. His citation reads:

Capt. Treadwell (then 1st Lt.), commanding officer of Company F, near Nieder-Wurzbach, Germany, in the Siegfried line, single-handedly captured 6 pillboxes and 18 prisoners. Murderous enemy automatic and rifle fire with intermittent artillery bombardments had pinned down his company for hours at the base of a hill defended by concrete fortifications and interlocking trenches. Eight men sent to attack a single point had all become casualties on the hare slope when Capt. Treadwell, armed with a submachinegun and handgrenades, went forward alone to clear the way for his stalled company. Over the terrain devoid of cover and swept by bullets, he fearlessly advanced, firing at the aperture of the nearest pillbox and, when within range, hurling grenades at it. He reached the pillbox, thrust the muzzle of his gun through the port, and drove 4 Germans out with their hands in the air. A fifth was found dead inside. Waving these prisoners back to the American line, he continued under terrible, concentrated fire to the next pillbox and took it in the same manner. In this fort he captured the commander of the hill defenses, whom he sent to the rear with the other prisoners. Never slackening his attack, he then ran across the crest of the hill to a third pillbox, traversing this distance in full view of hostile machine gunners and snipers. He was again successful in taking the enemy position. The Germans quickly fell prey to his further rushes on 3 more pillboxes in the confusion and havoc caused by his whirlwind assaults and capture of their commander. Inspired by the electrifying performance of their leader, the men of Company F stormed after him and overwhelmed resistance on the entire hill, driving a wedge into the Siegfried line and making it possible for their battalion to take its objective. By his courageous willingness to face nearly impossible odds and by his overwhelming one-man offensive, Capt. Treadwell reduced a heavily fortified, seemingly impregnable enemy sector.


You can still… Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.


I would like to wish my good friend (and father of 3 young boys) Michael a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I trust my buddy Adrian and the boys will make this a great one.

Good luck to my CSU Bucs as they try to get out of the state of Alabama today after shocking most of the world (not me, because I’m predicting it) and beating the AL-A-BAMA football team. As I have told Dad, CSU will win which will cause Alabama to fall to #4 in the poll and move CSU up to #2 in the poll (even though they are in a different division). That usually seems to be what happens when a team beats Alabama.

Good luck to all of you who are getting ready for Thanksgiving. Take some time to remember people don’t really care how messy your house is or isn’t… they just want to see you (or they don’t want to see you… either way, they don’t care as much about the mess in your house as you do).

No comments:

Post a Comment