Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, November 22, 2015

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Howell B. Treat (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 11, 1864, at Buzzard's Roost, Georgia. His citation reads:

Risked his life in saving a wounded comrade.

Major/aide-de-camp (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 15, 1864, at Resaca, Georgia. His citation reads:

Voluntarily rode between the lines while 2 brigades of Union troops were firing into each other and stopped the firing.

Private William B. Trembley (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 27, 1899, at Calumpit, Luzon, Philippine Islands. His citation reads:

Swam the Rio Grande de Pampanga in face of the enemy's fire and fastened a rope to the occupied trenches, thereby enabling the crossing of the river and the driving of the enemy from his fortified position.


You can still… Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.


The I’m just sayin… Hymn of the Week

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear


This Christmas carol was written by Edmund Sears (pastor of the Unitarian Church in Wayland, Massachusetts) in 1849. To read more about it, go here.


It came upon the midnight clear,
that glorious song of old,
from angels bending near the earth
to touch their harps of gold:
"Peace on the earth, good will to men,
from heaven's all-gracious King."
The world in solemn stillness lay,
to hear the angels sing.

Still through the cloven skies they come
with peaceful wings unfurled,
and still their heavenly music floats
o'er all the weary world;
above its sad and lowly plains,
they bend on hovering wing,
and ever o'er its Babel sounds
the blessed angels sing.

And ye, beneath life's crushing load,
whose forms are bending low,
who toil along the climbing way
with painful steps and slow,
look now! for glad and golden hours
come swiftly on the wing.
O rest beside the weary road,
and hear the angels sing!

For lo! the days are hastening on,
by prophet seen of old,
when with the ever-circling years
shall come the time foretold
when peace shall over all the earth
its ancient splendors fling,
and the whole world send back the song
which now the angels sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment