Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, December 21, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Seaman Albert Vadas (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 11, 1898, on board the U.S.S. Marblehead. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Marblehead during the operation of cutting the cable leading from Cienfuegos, Cuba, 11 May 1898. Facing the heavy fire of the enemy, Vadas displayed extraordinary bravery and coolness throughout this period.

Private First Class Jose F. Valdez (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on January 25, 1945, near Rosenkrantz, France. His citation reads:

He was on outpost duty with 5 others when the enemy counterattacked with overwhelming strength. From his position near some woods 500 yards beyond the American lines he observed a hostile tank about 75 yards away, and raked it with automatic rifle fire until it withdrew. Soon afterward he saw 3 Germans stealthily approaching through the woods. Scorning cover as the enemy soldiers opened up with heavy automatic weapons fire from a range of 30 yards, he engaged in a fire fight with the attackers until he had killed all 3. The enemy quickly launched an attack with 2 full companies of infantrymen, blasting the patrol with murderous concentrations of automatic and rifle fire and beginning an encircling movement which forced the patrol leader to order a withdrawal. Despite the terrible odds, Pfc. Valdez immediately volunteered to cover the maneuver, and as the patrol 1 by 1 plunged through a hail of bullets toward the American lines, he fired burst after burst into the swarming enemy. Three of his companions were wounded in their dash for safety and he was struck by a bullet that entered his stomach and, passing through his body, emerged from his back. Overcoming agonizing pain, he regained control of himself and resumed his firing position, delivering a protective screen of bullets until all others of the patrol were safe. By field telephone he called for artillery and mortar fire on the Germans and corrected the range until he had shells falling within 50 yards of his position. For 15 minutes he refused to be dislodged by more than 200 of the enemy; then, seeing that the barrage had broken the counter attack, he dragged himself back to his own lines. He died later as a result of his wounds. Through his valiant, intrepid stand and at the cost of his own life, Pfc. Valdez made it possible for his comrades to escape, and was directly responsible for repulsing an attack by vastly superior enemy forces.

Private John Vale (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on February 15, 1863, at Nolensville, Tennessee. His citation reads:

Was one of a detachment of 16 men who heroically defended a wagon train against the attack of 125 cavalry, repulsed the attack and saved the train.


I’d like to take a minute to wish Dad a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We know he’ll have a great day because he’s going to get to see me (and that would make every birthday a very happy birthday). It’s special occasions like today that give me a leg up on my brother and sister. At the end of the day, Dad will look at his “offspring scorecard” and see a record of 1-1-1… I, of course, will be the win. “It’s just another day” Sonny will be the loss and Teresa Lynn will be the tie (she won’t come down to see him, but she’ll feel bad about it… unlike Sonny who, honestly, will only call Dad because this post will shame him into doing it. If Sonny was in the Wizard of Oz, he’d be the Tin Man because he’s got no heart. I’m just sayin…).

If Sonny is reading this, get ready… Daniel is perfecting his “knock-knock” jokes in anticipation of seeing you later this week.


With a new Star Wars movie in theaters, I thought it would be nice to show this little known clip from the original Star Wars movie. Enjoy…




Also… This Conspiracy Theory from the first movie…

No comments:

Post a Comment